Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Me, Myself, and I; An Introduction

We claim to have several personalities: Me, Myself and I. Many people have claimed this in the past, but we have defined, more or less, how each one thinks and acts.

You will notice we use the plural third person perspective in this post: as this post has all of our input, it is only natural for us to refer to our collective personalities in this manner. It also allows you to distinguish when we are addressing a particular identity or the three as a whole. In future posts, we will use the usual perspective as it is understood we all contribute. And, it's quite awkward to write like this.


Me: our unguarded personality. He doesn't think very far ahead and will show himself when we are having fun with close friends or when I'm alone. Me likes to dance and often does weird things. You can hold his attention for a while, but if you lose it once, you will have quite the time reacquiring it. Me is the most social of the three, but he lacks the finesse the other two want and is frequently shutdown in that department.

Myself: the thinker. Analytical, philosophical, and a cold hearted logistician; he will not hesitate to use someone or something in a "mean" way if it furthers his goals. Myself is a perfectionist and cannot stand imperfection -- for those who have had their grammar corrected by us know this quite well. While he has a very good grasp on logic and can't stand imperfection, he doesn't know everything and often forgets he doesn't have the complete picture. Myself is social only as far as you're useful to him, and that is often not very far as he considers most people to be beneath him. He understands the need for friendship, but can't cope with what he terms "dumbing everything down" that he has to do for most people. Not all, but a good portion. I tries his best to filter out this hostility when conversing.

I. He is the least defined because he must fill all roles Me and Myself do not. We suppose he could be called the mediator between the two opposites, Me and Myself, as well as to the rest of the world. I usually is the person you talk to, constantly translating and toning down the comments from the other two. As Me and Myself are constantly at odds, I has the power to direct which direction the collective conscious goes; therefore, he has the most influence.

Finally, here's a quote we found, made, or something; it has been a long time since we started using it. We would definitely buy a t-shirt with it on it as it applies quite frequently.
When we seem scatterbrained and not all "there", it's because we aren't: we're out looking for Me. Have to keep that idiot out of trouble.
Myself and I are going to look for Me;
If he gets back before we do,
keep Me here, no matter what he says or does.
- Myself and I

4 comments:

  1. Are these the only ones you're going to write about?? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's more?! I don't think I could fit anymore inside my head! Besides, the noise would be unbearable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL (in the highest degree)! I have known you forever and, until I understood this same concept about you, I often misunderstood you on a social level. When I am talking to you, I often have to whack "myself" in the head to get to the more social "me" part of you. haha!

    ReplyDelete